Posted to alt.food.barbecue
rob rob is offline

Default Kissing a pig?

On Dec 7, 7:43*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> Last Saturday I met a fellow I've not seen in months. He works for an
> engineering company and the present project is at a hog slaughterhouse.
> They do in 18,000 hogs a day, six days a week.. *They have 2000 workers on
> two nine hour shifts and 900 people come in every night and clean and
> sanitize for six hours.
>
> Processing a hog used to take 180 gallons of water. *His job is to reduce
> that and it is down to 143 gallons per hog. *Gas is used to burn the hair
> off of the skin in an automated line.
>
> Getting to the subject though, the blood (after the plasma is removed) from
> all of these hogs is shipped to cosmetic companies and it becomes an
> ingredient in lipstick. *So, think about what you are kissing some nights.

Thank's Ed, that's a good one! I don't even want to check Snopes, lol.

FoodBanter.com Database Error
Database Error Database error
The FoodBanter.com database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.foodbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.foodbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.