Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: SOBER at my place- Piedmont, Alsace, CA, Burgundy, Champagne,Port

DaleW wrote:

> We paused from our blind festivities to make a toast to the hostess,
> as today is Betsy's birthday, and the actual party isn't till next
> week. So I poured the 1959 Marques de Murrieta Ygay Gran Reserva.
> Perfect label so I assume recent release, the gunky cork is clearly
> original. Showing well and quite young, midbodied with a slightly
> lifted nose. Red fruits accented with spice and citrus zest. A-

What a fantastic lineup of wines, Dale. You guys really put on a show.
I'm glad to hear that the '59 Ygay showed as well as it did, given all
the uncertainties of opening 50-year-old wines. Good luck with your
remaining '59s and again, Happy Birthday to Betsy!

Mark Lipton