Posted to alt.food.wine
Godzilla Lizard Godzilla Lizard is offline

Default TN: SOBER at my place- Piedmont, Alsace, CA, Burgundy,Champagne,Port

On Sat, 05 Dec 2009 17:54:29 -0800, DaleW wrote:

> I tasted and loved the '59 CVNE Vina Real, and mentioned it to Mark
> Golodetz, who said the Ygay was stunning value for under $200.

The CVNE Vina Real '59 was possibly the most memorable red that I have
ever enjoyed. I recall opening it when it was either 25 or 30 years of
age. On the Davis 20 scale, I gave it a 19-1/2. Computers not being
around in those days, I only possess mental notes and cannot fathom the
reason that I withheld the 1/2 point, or perhaps I did give it a "20."

Godzilla