Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Dominic T. Dominic T. is offline

Default Dominic: Brewing parameters please...

On Dec 2, 10:04*pm, Prof Wonmug > wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 06:24:14 -0800 (PST), "Dominic T."
>
> > wrote:
>
> How do you store your tea? Do you leave them in the foil bags they are
> shipped in or do you transfer them to some other container?

It depends, for individual orders that aren't constant staples in my
cupboard I just use the foil bags they ship in and a good strong wide
closing clip. I used to use tin or metal tea canisters, but I've since
given that up in favor of inexpensive smaller 8oz. jelly/caning jars
with seals and rings. These are clear but since I keep my tea in a
cupboard they are safe. It's cheap and effective. If a tea is too
voluminous I use two or more jars and only open the second after the
first is used up, which keeps the entire lot of tea from being exposed
to light/air over and over. I used to use ~4oz. jars like this but
found it too troublesome for the benefit (if any).

Hope you enjoy the teas, and I'd love to read your findings. Lew is
correct too in that Shui Xian can be called "Water Sprite" "Water
Fairy" "Narcissus" "Water Immortal" or any number of other similar
names. Basically it should be roasty, brown not green, and have
anything from a mild Chinese restaurant tea flavor up to chocolatey/
raisiny/tobacco-ish notes. I love when it has wonderful bamboo/
charcoal characteristics from a very aggressive roasting or re-
roasting.

- Dominic