Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy Space Cowboy is offline

Default Yixing teapot year made? Authenticity?

I have two Yixing pots from the mid 90s authenticated by a museum
curator who signed the invoice which has the letters CCC1 1999 stamped
on the lid underneath. I never noticed that before. So what seems a
date is something else. I checked my other Yixing pots but they have
stamped caligraphy I cant read underneath the lid. I also cant read
the caligraphy stamped on the bottom of the pot. I dont know about
your source but the pots usually come in boxes indicating Yixing. You
shouldnt have paid much over $50 for mass market Yixing. 10oz is a
big pot. I think the more desirable around 3oz.

Jim