Posted to alt.food.wine
cwdjrxyz cwdjrxyz is offline

Default Gavi

On Dec 2, 11:46*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Tonight's dinner was some fresh produce from "Farmer Kevin" (our organic
> produce supplier) stir fried over rice. *To go with this light repast, I
> opened:
>
> 2008 "La Soraia" Gavi di Gavi
> nose: minerals, citrus, floral
> palate: light body, rainwater clarity, soft finish
>
> Not bad for my first Gavi. *It really reminded us of Muscadet, though a
> bit softer. *Very rereshing, very nice.

It must have been about 20 years since I had Gavi. I can't remember
who made the examples I had. Your description is in line with what I
remember. Back then you had to be very careful when you bought light
Italian whites. Too often they stayed on a warm store shelf for a long
time or were perhaps stored in a hot warehouse. It was all too easy to
buy one that was rather flat or even oxidized.