Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
swede swede is offline

Default Yixing teapot year made? Authenticity?

Hello all,
It's been quite a while since I've posted anything, but I had an
experience recently with a Chinese gentleman that spurred my interest
in Chinese tea and tea practices. So, I bought an Yixing teapot (I
think) from Tantalizing Teas in Florida. It seems to have
characteristics of an Yixing from what I've read. It is dark brown,
smooth to the touch, small volume of about 10 ounces, tight fitting
lid, good pouring, and it has Chinese characters on the bottom in a
square impression. It does have something that I didn't expect; a
rabbit impression of about 1/2-3/4 inch long inside the pot and on the
bottom directly under the lid as you look inside. I'm guessing this is
the year of production which would equate to possibly 1999. Can anyone
confirm that they are marked like this, and give some other advice
about authenticity of this pot? I've read quite a few old posts, but
I'd like to learn more. I found some good info on a website amazing-
green-tea.com, as well as others.
BTW, I have several types on green, oolong, and black china teas on
order from Teaspring, and picked up a fascinating book "The Chinese
Art of Tea".
Gregory