Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_4_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_4_] is offline

Default Best Turkey Gravy, Mix, Canned or Jarred

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 15:35:50 -0800 (PST), Food SnobŪ
> wrote:

>On Dec 1, 5:09*pm, "cshenk" > wrote:
>>

>> It works for us. *I agree that a jar of heinz meat gravy is a good thing to
>> have handy in the pantry.

>Like keeping sawdust on hand in case you run out of flour for baking
>bread.

Ackshully, I use it for cutting the "sharp" in my enchilada sauce - it
kinda rounds the sauce out. It's a tool, like any other, IMHO, and
while I make homemade gravy from roasts, fowl, etc., I have a place in
my pantry for stuff like that - I've even been known to harbor a can
or two of cream of mushroom soup, but don't tell anyone...

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

---

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,
and if the turkey had had a breast like the maid,
it would have been a swell dinner." Duncan Hines