Posted to rec.food.cooking
ViLco ViLco is offline

Default Jill, thanks for the cauliflower recipe

Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq. wrote:

>> On this NG I learned that Mornay sauce is essentially a bechamel
>> sauce with some added cheese, wherever you put it.

> Yes but how many people think a bechamel is just a 'white sauce'
> butter, flour and liquid?

Very many people and they are right, because bechamel is just butter, flour
and milk.
And Mornay sauce is bechamel plus cheese and, as I discover today, egg yolk.
Then one can shove anything in theyr sauces and call them as one likes, but
bechamel IS just a sauce (mine is not white) with milk and roux.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rosè