Posted to alt.food.wine
Bi!! Bi!! is offline

Default Bunch of WHite Burgs and a Bordeaux

Gun season for deer starts on Monday morning so I hosted a dinner at
my farm for the hunters at my place. Assorted starters included
lobster salad on endive leaf, clams casion, etc all begged for white
wine so I broke into my white burg stash.

2002 Boillot Puligny Montrachet-tasty, crisp, tart, lemon peel.
Medium bodied and well balanced.
2003 Olivier Leflaive Bienvenues Batard Montrachet-More substance than
the Puligny. Richer, lemon curd and pure liquid rock minerality.
Really delicious and smooth.
2005 Bollot Batard Montrachet-Really full bodied, almost a "black
dirt" minerality. Wonderful layers of flavors, vanilla, citrus,
creamy yet well balanced with acidity. I could smell this wine all
night.
2007 Fevre Chablis "Le Clos" another really big chablis with chalky
limestone overtones. Plenty of lemon-lime and crisp vibrant acidity.
All wines merited an "A" from me.

With roasted rack of lamb rubbed with pepper and mustard. 2000
Leoville Poyferre from a mag. Still quite young but still incredibly
delicious. Kind of a cross over between old world and international
in style. On could smell the dirt in the wine yet rich supple cassis
and blackberry notes dominated. Another aromatic masterpiece that one
could whif for hours.