Posted to alt.food.wine
Michael Pronay Michael Pronay is offline

Default TN: La Tache 1985

cwdjrxyz > wrote:

> Although these wines were expensive when bought, even recent
> vintages of them now sell for so much that I do not even want to
> know current prices. Now if you have to ask the price, you
> likely can not afford these wines, especially Romanee-Conti.

Release price ex-importer here in Austria go from 380 Euros per
bottle for Échézaux to 1400 Euros for Romanée-Conti - if (IF!) you
are among the few happy ones to get them. By far the major part
goes to tops restaurants, very little ends on the retail market.

M.