Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Best Turkey Gravy, Mix, Canned or Jarred

"cybercat" wrote

> My local CBS affiliate did a taste test and decided that Knorr Roasted
> Turkey mix in the packet tastes the closest to home made, esp. if you add
> pan drippings. FWIW. I think it is smart to have a good brand around just
> in
> case.

Thats what I do. I don't make real pan gravy often enough to 'guarentee' I
won't boff it up, so to take the worry out, I have a decent jarred version
at the side if needed.

Also sometimes just a factor of time, made the jar the one of choice. Like,
the year I had a whole ship division over for T-day and fed 22 hungry
sailors. Knowing I'd be too busy at that end part, and probably run short
of gravy to boot, I used several jars in a crockpot (adding extra things)
and didnt have to do more than ladle it into a large enameled stove-top
tea-pot I have (perfect sized gravy boat for a crowd).