Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry[_3_] Terry[_3_] is offline

Default U use Brita water system?

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:21:05 -0600, FERRANTE
> wrote:

>I usually buy bottled water and a friend of mine uses the Brita system
>for his drinking water and he likes it. Anyone here use it and if so,
>your thoughts on the taste of the water? Also, how many gallons get
>one get from a filter before it has to be changed?
>
>Thanks,
>Mark

I used the Brita for some years before we got the latest fridge, which
has a filter installed for the water dispenser. The Brita filters ran
about $8 each and lasted about 3 months so $24 for a year's supply.
The current fridge has a $40 filter that is supposed to last a year
but seems to go significantly longer for us; we don't use that much
filtered water.

Brita took the excess chlorine taste out of our tap water. It was a
bit of an annoyance to fill the pitcher; I like the convenience of the
fridge filter. But the Brita worked just fine.

Terry