Posted to rec.food.cooking
Zeppo[_2_] Zeppo[_2_] is offline

Default U use Brita water system?

"FERRANTE" > wrote in message
> I usually buy bottled water and a friend of mine uses the Brita system
> for his drinking water and he likes it. Anyone here use it and if so,
> your thoughts on the taste of the water? Also, how many gallons get
> one get from a filter before it has to be changed?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Hi Mark,
I used a Brita for years and it worked fine. We have extremely hard water
and it made it drinkable. I usually got about 4 or 5 months from a filter
before it got too clogged to use.

I switched to an under counter filtration system a few years ago and found
that the convenience beat the heck out of filling pitchers.

Jon