Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Drappier, Beaucastel, Le Stanze, San Giorgio Palmer, Burmester

Bi!! wrote:
> On Nov 20, 12:52�pm, Mike Tommasi > wrote:
>> Anders T�rneskog wrote:
>>> hc?

>> Off top of head, 1t/acre = 2.5t/ha, counting about 6hl/t that would be
>> 15 hl/ha.
>>
>> --
>> Mike Tommasi - Six Fours, France
>> email linkhttp://www.tommasi.org/mymail

> 15 hl/ha is miniscule. The wines that I posted on from J. Voillot are
> from yields around 30hl/ha and I thought they were small.

Thanks Bill (and others).

I realize the conversion isn't direct, I actually thought that since the
hl figure is that usually used in France they might have said.

Actually 15 hl/ha is not unheard of in the southern Rhone, e.g. off the
top of my head, Clos des Cazaux routinely harvest at < 20, real fanatics
like the folks at Faucon Dore at < 10! I think you'd find many who are
< 20 for old grenache and syrah.

I mention cepages because the numbers aren't really comparable across
different varieties: I think you can harvest Cabernet Sauvignon with
very good concentration at 60 hl/ha, but perhaps this is more difficult
with Grenache.

-E

-E