Old 20-11-2009, 03:13 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
RegForte RegForte is offline

Default 20 lb turkey in my NBSS, am I crazy?

wrote:

20 lb turkey in my NBSS, am I crazy?

It doesn't fit (due to height) at the main grate level. But, I have a
few extra grates running long ways a bit closer to the bottom of the
main chamber.

If it fits there... I know I am in for a long cook... anything else I
need to be aware of?

TIA,

Rob
Que for all so long as it's not parboiled ribs.

Don't let the pit temp go too low, lest the beast take
forever to cook.

I think my record for turkey in a smoker was 22 lbs. Another time I
spatchcocked a 20+ pounder and did it in a large open pit. Believe
it or not the spatchecocked one cam out better (and easier).

--
Reg