Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking
--Bryan --Bryan is offline

Default Microwave BBQ recipe?

On Nov 19, 1:53*pm, Bobs yer uncle > wrote:
> On Nov 19, 2:51*pm, Bobs yer uncle > wrote:
>

> > On Nov 19, 11:34*am, "The Ghost of Edward M. Kennedy" >
> > wrote:

> > > "Bobs yer uncle" > wrote

> > > Still no recipe! * Doesn't anyone remember it?

> > > --Tedward

> > This isn't exactly it, but what I've tried from memory--you take some
> > ribs, like those country style ones that are already cut up for you,
> > and you boil them in some water with a little salt, meat tenderizer
> > and Accent (tm) then you put them in the microwave until they start to
> > sing, and curl up a little. *Then you put your "rub" which is made of
> > cherry Kool-Aid (the trick is to use the name brand Kool-Aid, no cheap
> > imitation "knock offs") some seasoning salt and some Liquid Smoke,
> > then you crisp them up nicely under the broiler (that's the top heater
> > in your oven), serve with a nice BBQ sauce like Kraft's (again spend
> > the extra money on the "real thing") and enjoy!!!!

> > I like to serve them with Van De Kamp's baked beans and sometimes I'll
> > splurge and buy an extra large container of cole slaw from Kroger's.

> > PS: If the ribs are too chewy, it means you haven't boiled them long
> > enough.

> Forgot to mention that you just use the unsweetened Kool-Aid powder,
> you don't actually use the drink mixed up except when your ribs are
> done and you need something to wash it down with.

You are just the sort of slob I had in mind when I devised a creative
punishment for the 9-11 mastermind, KSM.

An ignorant dude who precooks ribs in the microwave, rubs them in Kool-
Aid, slathers them with Kraft sauce, and eats them with plenty of
canned pork'n beans and Kroger's coleslaw could serve his country
well. The terrorist could be put in a deep pit and folks like you
could defecate on him from above. I can't imagine a meal that'd
produce nastier scat. You could wait until he was starting to dig in
to a plate of Halal goat meat, and right onto his head and his plate
would fall a load of porky hellishness.

--Bryan