Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Kent[_2_] Kent[_2_] is offline

Default WTF?

"Nomen Nescio" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:07:40 -0600, ceed >
> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:01:24 -0600, Nomen Nescio
> wrote:
>>
>>> I just dropped by to see what's happening. Absolutely nothing, unless
>>> one is looking for a good buy on spares in Texas.
>>>
>>> The other 30+ posts were shit. It appears that if it wasn't for some
>>> dude named Kent jerking the group around the group would be dead.
>>> Actually, it already is...reduced to regulars flaming a troll.
>>>
>>> Way to go.
>>>

>>You "stopped by" and immediately recognized a troll. Takes one to know one
>>I guess? The last two threads are Pizza on the grill and one about
>>beef tongue. Maybe a tad OT it being a bbq group, but absolutely
>>interesting in my opinion.

> Sure did - I come by about once a month to see if Kent is still
> jerking around the group. He is. Did you read the pizza thread?
>
> And if you recognized me as a troll...why the hell would respond. You
> simply prove my point. Ever hear of filters?
>
> Kent could troll this group with a post about wrapping a dog turd in
> foil and steaming it in a BGE and several would rise to the bait.
>
> I suppose you would find that interesting too? The argument seems to
> be that trolls have to be challenged so newbies won't be led astray.
> While that may be true, a simple statement would be enough. Instead a
> troll can start a long cascade of worthless posts and it always does.
>
> Kent haters love for Kent to post. That is probably the only reason
> they hang around.
>
> A newbie drops in, reads a few posts and moves on figuring that there
> are a lot better places on the net to learn about or ask questions
> about BBQ. And he would be right.
>
> Do a history check - posts are way down and meaningful on topic posts
> are few and far between.
>
> I'll be back in a month or so to check on the death throes of the
> group.
>
> NN

NN, I think you're right on. This NG is dead. Dead because of a small number
cynical, snotty, derogatory posters who sit on a
perch and demand a humble audience. There is little two way dialogue, only a
one way sermon on how barbecue is done. Even that is fairly rare.

This NG is going to die. It's unfortunate as this is really the only NG on
Usenet about grilling and smokinig.

This is not a troll, but an opinion. It's not intended to create a flame.

Kent