Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nomen Nescio[_3_] Nomen Nescio[_3_] is offline

Default WTF?

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:07:40 -0600, ceed >
wrote:

>On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:01:24 -0600, Nomen Nescio
> wrote:
>
>> I just dropped by to see what's happening. Absolutely nothing, unless
>> one is looking for a good buy on spares in Texas.
>>
>> The other 30+ posts were shit. It appears that if it wasn't for some
>> dude named Kent jerking the group around the group would be dead.
>> Actually, it already is...reduced to regulars flaming a troll.
>>
>> Way to go.
>>

>You "stopped by" and immediately recognized a troll. Takes one to know one
>I guess? The last two threads are Pizza on the grill and one about
>beef tongue. Maybe a tad OT it being a bbq group, but absolutely
>interesting in my opinion.

Sure did - I come by about once a month to see if Kent is still
jerking around the group. He is. Did you read the pizza thread?

And if you recognized me as a troll...why the hell would respond. You
simply prove my point. Ever hear of filters?

Kent could troll this group with a post about wrapping a dog turd in
foil and steaming it in a BGE and several would rise to the bait.

I suppose you would find that interesting too? The argument seems to
be that trolls have to be challenged so newbies won't be led astray.
While that may be true, a simple statement would be enough. Instead a
troll can start a long cascade of worthless posts and it always does.

Kent haters love for Kent to post. That is probably the only reason
they hang around.

A newbie drops in, reads a few posts and moves on figuring that there
are a lot better places on the net to learn about or ask questions
about BBQ. And he would be right.

Do a history check - posts are way down and meaningful on topic posts
are few and far between.

I'll be back in a month or so to check on the death throes of the
group.

NN