Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: modern/international Barolo and Meursault

IanH wrote:

> But Dale, this is a BABY. At 3 years old, it's hardly begun to
> integrate. I've got a Michel Bouzereau Genevrieres 95 that'm beginning
> to think I ought to drink up soon. If you treat great white Burgundy
> like a Califunny chardonnay, you can expect it taste like one.

Granted, Ian, but Dale (like many of us) is fairly gun-shy right now
about premature oxidation concerns w.r.t. White Burgundy. I have given
up cellaring any Chablis because of some very unhappy signs of PremOx in
'02 and '04 PC Chablis. For background, you can see:

http://oxidised-burgs.wikispaces.com

There's no data there about Bouzereau's '95s, so I'll keep my fingers
crossed that you have an unsullied experience with it.

Cheers!
Mark Lipton