Posted to alt.food.wine
pk pk is offline

Default Savennieres : Clos de Papillon

As part of a Loire Food matched with Loire wine supper party next weekend,
I'm serving (among other things) Salmon with Beurre Blanc matched with
Domaine Du Closel Clos de Papillon, 2004. A friend is bringing a Baumard
Clos de Papillon (vintage unknown) to taste alongside.

Can the panel suggest what differences we might find?

The rest of the meal:

I have line up to display the versatility of Chenin:

Petillant Brut as Champagne lookalike
Champalou Fondraux Vouvray 2002 with Butternut squash veloute
Savennieres with Salmon & Beurre blanc
Domaine des Forges, Chaume AC with Tarte Tatin

I did consider a Pork in cream sauce for mains with another Chenin style,
but thought that would be overkill, so instead have gone for a coq au vin
(made with a cabernet franc!) with a Closel Anjou Villages plus a Chinon
Red from Charles Joguet which my friend is bringing. Lest it appear that I
diverge from the Loire theme... the coq au vin recipe is from the patron of
a chambre d'hôte in the Loire valley and is by far the best I have ever
cooked or tasted!!

Cheese will be with residuals of the above plus a rather nice Sancerre to
match the chevre.

pk