Posted to alt.food.wine
IanH IanH is offline

Default TN: modern/international Barolo and Meursault

Hi Dale,
On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 06:53:54 -0800 (PST), DaleW >
wrote:

>, the 2006 Girardin "Les Perrieres" Meursault 1er, Big, very
>sweet, plenty of oak. Betsy peeks at label and says "this is white
>Burgundy? Tastes like California Chardonnay." Quite primary, maybe
>this will show more Perrieres character in time. Probably would have
>been better with something like lobster, needed more acidity for this
>dish. With time some hazelnut and mineral battles through the candied
>fruit and vanilla to give a hint. Big wine that would impress many,
>but not my style. B-/C+

But Dale, this is a BABY. At 3 years old, it's hardly begun to
integrate. I've got a Michel Bouzereau Genevrieres 95 that'm beginning
to think I ought to drink up soon. If you treat great white Burgundy
like a Califunny chardonnay, you can expect it taste like one.

Sorry my friend, but really! Even a Meursault village wine from 2006
isn't going to be ready yet (in my oenogerontophile opinion).
--
All the best
Fatty from Forges