Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lou Decruss[_3_] Lou Decruss[_3_] is offline

Default Best bit of action you've seen in a resto

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 23:25:49 -0600, "Gregory Morrow"
> wrote:

>Lou Decruss wrote:
>
>[...]
>

>> To get back to the group topic- eating disorders are the strangest
>> syndrome I've encountered. The need to control and warped view of
>> what and how to do it are quite bizarre. I had a very short fling
>> with a bulimic chick many years ago. We had a disagreement and she
>> said I was making her want to eat. I told her to stuff herself if she
>> wanted to. So she did and then went and horked it up and came back
>> and blamed me. That was the end of that little fling! I've run
>> across a few other nutjobs including one who peed on test strips to
>> see if she was in ketosis. I don't know much about all that no-carb
>> stuff but that was pretty weird especially since she saved the used
>> strips.

>Remember "Mothra" Hughes who used to post here, she went through a number of
>eating disorders, e.g she was bulimic for years, then she blew up and was
>posting to alt.support.diet, etc. Food and later exercise were always a
>"drama" for her, but then she was immature and unstable so it was no big
>surprise, lol...

Yes, she was a piece of work but some people here liked her. We all
have different opinions of posters. Sometimes it shocks me when folks
talk to andy like he was even close to a normal person. But then
again a few people here can't stand me either so I guess it doesn't
matter much.

>Eating disorders are a big turn-off, makes my "nut alarm" go
>ding-ding-ding...chronic eating disorders are a sign of a very deep
>psychological malaise.

I don't think I'll ever be in a dating situation again but if I was
I'd run from anyone who had ever struggled with it even years ago.
The one I mentioned who used the **** strips had mentioned counseling
in college but she claimed she was past it. Other than a strict
low-carb diet I saw no signs of a problem. I didn't know anything
about the strips until she was gone. I lived with a total stranger
for three years. She left me with a broken heart and an empty wallet.
The break-up story is so bizarre Louise was even skeptical of what I'd
told her. After several years Louise hunted her down and met with
her. There was an item left behind that needed to be returned and
that was the excuse she used. When she told me I was enraged! After
I screamed for a half hour and calmed down I asked her: "so what did
the bitch have to say?" The answer was I hadn't lied or exaggerated
about anything. The woman was bad news and nuts.

I met another chick about 20 years ago on a blind date. We didn't hit
it off as a relationship but became good friends. When she was a kid
her older brothers and their friends would drag her in the bathroom,
hold her down, and take turns at her. It didn't stop until she was
old enough to stop them and/or avoid the situation. She's mid 50's
now and a total nutjob as far as relationships go. She claims to be
"pre" anorexic. <snork> She can tell you within 5% how many calories
she has per day. She buys packaged food and splits it up by the
serving size and calorie info. Her refrigerator has yogurt, carrots,
celery, and frozen hot pockets. The freezer has ice cream which she
only allows herself to eat on the weekend and she measures that too.
She just moved but her stove broke 6-7 years ago and she never
replaced it. She's 5'9" and 107 pounds. (size 0) She could be pretty
if she put 30-40 pounds on. Hasn't had a relationship since I met
her. Hell, she's so goofy she can't even get laid. I think it's been
5-6 years. She's a great friend and I care about her a lot but she's
a total nutjob. And I might be talking behind her back now but I
tell her all this to her face. She knows I know she's goofy. But if
all my friends were perfect I wouldn't have any.

Lou