Posted to ed.general,rec.food.historic
John Hunt John Hunt is offline

Default Cafe Vegetaria, Edinburgh 1911

"Sam Wilson" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> (Richard Tobin) wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> Sam Wilson > wrote:
>> >Remember, a nice fresh salad is still alive when you crunch into it.

>> "Vegatables aren't food. Vegatables are what food eats."

> <http://www.ucs.ed.ac.uk/~ercm20/pix/veggies.jpg>
>
> Sam

reminds me of a wedding I was at. The guy in front at the buffet was being a
pain asking if everything (ham, pork pies) were veggie then giving the poor
people serving the food a hard time. His g/f apologiesed to us as he'd just
become a veggie. I said it was ok, I was a secondary vegetarian and only ate
animals that didn't eat others. She found this very funny, he just scowled
and went into a sulk. We got served a bit quicker after that.