Posted to alt.food.wine
Bill S. Bill S. is offline

Default Lunch Wines

Had a couple of wines with lunch that were worth noting.

2006 Quinta do Coa – this Tinta Nacional, Tinta Roriz and Tinta Franca
wine was very….tinta! Dark with a sweet ripe nose, I figured
Australia, possibly California or Iberia. Tons of flavour intensity,
medium soft tannins, lots of extract, and fair length. Pretty good.

1988 Ch. Beychevelle – slightly animal funky nose, but clearly
clatter, good colour, hint of green on palate and in nose, good
length, fairly big in the mouth and very decent all round. Far better
than a previous tasting in which this wine came off as being mean,
lean and green.

2001 Dom. de Marcoux CN du P – this one surprised me. Vague almost
claretty cab sort of nose, lightening colour, and all the indicia of a
wine of some age – I guessed 10 – 15 years old. Don’t know what
happened to this puppy, but it wasn’t nice. This should be far more
alive.