Old 14-11-2009, 01:18 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
[email protected] dizzie.lizzie.5@gmail.com is offline

Default Roast Cauliflower Recipe

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 07:22:16 -0600, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

I eat either cauliflower and broccoli both raw and cooked. I do have
distinct preferences, though. I prefer cauliflower raw--it is one of my
favorite snacks just to munch on (without any dip), and I often chop it up
small for salads. I prefer broccoli cooked, even though I will also munch on
that raw and put it on salads. The difference, to me, is that broccoli has a
strong taste when raw that is a bit unpleasant (but not unpalatable). By
contrast, I have *never* learned to like Brussels sprouts, no matter how
they are prepared. They have a strong "metallic" taste to me.

MaryL

I like broccoli cooked or raw. When fixing it raw in salads I like to
nuke it for a few seconds until the surface is shiny. This takes away
the "grass" taste that I think the raw stuph has.
--
BettyB. -- www.flamingo-code.com
There is always the potential to change one's direction and go another way