Old 13-11-2009, 06:29 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Jacquie Jacquie is offline

Default Roast Cauliflower Recipe

My Hiatal Hernia does not like raw broccoli...but can handle raw
cauliflower..go figure I love Brussel Sprouts. The best I have ever tasted
were ones fresh from my neighbors garden when we lived in England. I now buy
frozen....I will try to get fresh when they are in season...but allot of
times they look a bit old by the time they get to the market. My husband
doesn't like them though...so he gets Broccoli or corn when I have Brussel
Sprouts

Jacquie

. ..

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Peppermint Patootie wrote:
: In article ,
: "W. Baker" wrote:

: Peppermint Patootie wrote:
: : In article ,
: : "Jacquie" wrote:
:
: : I just like Steamed Cauliflower with melted butter and a bit of
salt and
: : pepper. Guess I'm one of those people that don't need sauces
My
: : Husband
: : on the other hand has to have BBQ or steak sauce on every thing

:
: : I enjoy plain old steamed or boiled cauliflower, too. I also love
: : nice cauliflower au gratin or in a lovely cauliflower and potato
dish I
: : used to make out of one of Madhur Jafri's cookbooks.
:
: : I think I'll try roasting some soon. I get a tote of organic
vegetables
: : delivered every week (kind of like a CSA, but not all local), and
I'm
: : starting to accumulate cauliflowers. ;-)
:
: : PP
:
: Quick adn easy adn no cooking. Eata raw diped in cockail sauc or
russian
: dressing or any other dip yu like adn that fits ou diet. I often
keep a
: bowl of florets, sitting in cold water in the frige and some dip fro
quick
: snacks that do little to the bgs.
:
: Wendy

: That works only if you like raw cauliflower. I'm afraid I don't care
: for it unless it's cooked. Too, um, I don't know... too peppery?

: PP

Interesting. In my family I could never get the kids to eat cooked
cauliflower(broccoli yes), but they would go for the raw, particularly
with dip. Go figure. I also like cooked broccoli, but not raw. I
always avoid it at those receptions with the raw veggie trays.

Wendy

I eat either cauliflower and broccoli both raw and cooked. I do have
distinct preferences, though. I prefer cauliflower raw--it is one of my
favorite snacks just to munch on (without any dip), and I often chop it up
small for salads. I prefer broccoli cooked, even though I will also munch
on that raw and put it on salads. The difference, to me, is that broccoli
has a strong taste when raw that is a bit unpleasant (but not
unpalatable). By contrast, I have *never* learned to like Brussels
sprouts, no matter how they are prepared. They have a strong "metallic"
taste to me.

MaryL