Posted to alt.food.diabetic
MaryL MaryL is offline

Default Roast Cauliflower Recipe

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
> : In article >,
> : "W. Baker" > wrote:
>
> : > Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
> : > : In article >,
> : > : "Jacquie" > wrote:
> : >
> : > : > I just like Steamed Cauliflower with melted butter and a bit of
> salt and
> : > : > pepper. Guess I'm one of those people that don't need sauces My
> : > : > Husband
> : > : > on the other hand has to have BBQ or steak sauce on every thing
> : >
> : > : I enjoy plain old steamed or boiled cauliflower, too. I also love a
> : > : nice cauliflower au gratin or in a lovely cauliflower and potato
> dish I
> : > : used to make out of one of Madhur Jafri's cookbooks.
> : >
> : > : I think I'll try roasting some soon. I get a tote of organic
> vegetables
> : > : delivered every week (kind of like a CSA, but not all local), and
> I'm
> : > : starting to accumulate cauliflowers. ;-)
> : >
> : > : PP
> : >
> : > Quick adn easy adn no cooking. Eata raw diped in cockail sauc or
> russian
> : > dressing or any other dip yu like adn that fits ou diet. I often keep
> : > bowl of florets, sitting in cold water in the frige and some dip fro
> quick
> : > snacks that do little to the bgs.
> : >
> : > Wendy
>
> : That works only if you like raw cauliflower. I'm afraid I don't care
> : for it unless it's cooked. Too, um, I don't know... too peppery?
>
> : PP
>
> Interesting. In my family I could never get the kids to eat cooked
> cauliflower(broccoli yes), but they would go for the raw, particularly
> with dip. Go figure. I also like cooked broccoli, but not raw. I
> always avoid it at those receptions with the raw veggie trays.
>
> Wendy

I eat either cauliflower and broccoli both raw and cooked. I do have
distinct preferences, though. I prefer cauliflower raw--it is one of my
favorite snacks just to munch on (without any dip), and I often chop it up
small for salads. I prefer broccoli cooked, even though I will also munch on
that raw and put it on salads. The difference, to me, is that broccoli has a
strong taste when raw that is a bit unpleasant (but not unpalatable). By
contrast, I have *never* learned to like Brussels sprouts, no matter how
they are prepared. They have a strong "metallic" taste to me.

MaryL