Posted to rec.food.cooking
Will@Blaylock Will@Blaylock is offline

Default Pastrami Burger Fans? A Salt Lake City original?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/29/dining/29united.html
>http://www.yelp.com/biz/crown-burger-salt-lake-city-2

I can not comment on other places but several places in Ogden ~30
miles North of Salt Lake had pastrami burgers when I was a wee lad
(born 1964, the girls serving were on roller skates too, last and only
place I ever saw that when it was not a gimmick).

I believe the place was called "basil's blue onion" but I was maybe 10
when they closed and all they had was burgers, shakes, fries.

The high school hang out "Warrens" (http://bit.ly/3SxGSg) claimed to
have invented both blue bacon burgers and pastrami burgers.

I suspect highly that publicity in a smaller town got a bit ahead of
reality but I am too lazy to search to see if the claims are true or
not
Actual email is 'wblalok .at. xmission .dot. com' to reply