Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Lewis Perin Lewis Perin is offline

Default Dominic: Is Zhang Ping Shui Hsian the same as Shui Xian?

Prof Wonmug > writes:

> I emailed Upton asking if they carry Shui Xian. I got a reply pointing
> me to Zhang Ping Shui Hsian: http://tinyurl.com/yb3lehh.
>
> Can you tell me if is similar to what you meant when you suggested
> Shui Xian?

I'm not Dominic, but let me take a shot. Upton habitually mangles
transliterating Chinese into the European alphabet. They appear to be
trying to use the older Wade-Giles system, which would spell it Shui
Hsien, but I'm sure this is (to be pedantic, I'm using the Hanyu
Pinyin system) Shui Xian.

On the other hand, the picture makes it clear that this is a very
green version of Shui Xian, so Dominic wouldn't be interested.
Probably I wouldn't, either.

> The Upton tea comes in 9g "mini bricks". Is this how Shui Xian is
> usually packed?

Not usually, but sometimes. I've seen some extremely dark Shuixian
bricks, by the way.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /