Old 12-11-2009, 09:28 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Jacquie Jacquie is offline

Default Roast Cauliflower Recipe

When I was young and newly married, my girlfriend and I used to meet at each
others home for our special lunch. It was always a veggie lunch...we weren't
even vegetarians Sometimes we would split a cauliflower....The next time
fry up some breaded egg plant...or during cold weather we would make a
cheesy Broccoli or cauliflower soup. I also like my acorn squash with just a
bit of butter and salt...butter sweetens it up nicely...I don't need maple
syrup I just had a nice acorn squash the other night...hubby doesn't like
it so I even had enough for lunch the next day I have never tried a
Cauliflower au gratin...sounds good though...guess I'll be looking for a
recipe.
Jacquie

"Peppermint Patootie" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Jacquie" wrote:

I just like Steamed Cauliflower with melted butter and a bit of salt and
pepper. Guess I'm one of those people that don't need sauces My
Husband
on the other hand has to have BBQ or steak sauce on every thing

I enjoy plain old steamed or boiled cauliflower, too. I also love a
nice cauliflower au gratin or in a lovely cauliflower and potato dish I
used to make out of one of Madhur Jafri's cookbooks.

I think I'll try roasting some soon. I get a tote of organic vegetables
delivered every week (kind of like a CSA, but not all local), and I'm
starting to accumulate cauliflowers. ;-)

PP