Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gregory Morrow[_379_] Gregory Morrow[_379_] is offline

Default Best bit of action you've seen in a resto

frater mus wrote:

> On 2009-11-10, Gregory Morrow > wrote:
>
>> others are very discreet, they hang back and approach us very
>> timidly and ask politely...they get some nice food, the loudmouthed
>> ****s do not..

> I'd handle it the same way.

There are peeps I do feel sorry for, mainly the women. Aggressive male
panhandlers - and there are a coupla female ones too - deserve *nothing*.
Some of the aggressive ones hang out at the Starbucks across the way, I've
overhead them bragging about the money they make, it is not an
inconsiderable amount in some cases. On a nice busy day, say when there's a
Cubs game (we are by Wrigley Field here in Chicawgo) they can clear a
hundred bux, EASY. Use the money you MOOCH from others to BUY some food,
don't be mooching from those of us that work and put our own time and money
and effort into putting these do's on..
..

>> So I kinda keep an "eye" on things, cheapskate deadbeat losers will
>> ruin EVERYTHING if you let 'em...

> I wonder if a chit system would work. Customers can pay $2 for the
> grub or get a chit from you.

The place does not have a license to sell food, so that's out. And the
whole point anyways is not to charge for the food...basically we tell people
that they are welcome to the grub if they buy a drink or two. We've
attracted some nice new customers that way...

This summer some mentally-deranged woman with a horrible stinky dog came up
when we were grilling and started demanding a cheeseburger for her dog,
"I'll pay for it!", she said. We explained that we cannot sell food, that
we are not a "dog restaurant", etc. She finally got the message..."some
people", lol. I did feel very sorry for the pooch, though, it was obviously
not having a very good life...

--
Best
Greg