Old 11-11-2009, 04:39 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ricavito Ricavito is offline

Default Roast Cauliflower Recipe

I tried a new recipe a few days ago that was pretty good, and very
easy and quick. I found it online but cannot remember where--too bad
because there were other interesting vegetable dishes.

Here's the original recipe:

Ingredients:
Medium head of cauliflower
4 tablespoons of butter melted
1/2 to 1 teaspoon of salt, pepper, cumin, cinamon, paprika (all to
taste), mixed with 1 tablespoon of sugar

Break the cauliflower into florets, place in a large bowl and toss
with the melted butter and then the sugar-spice mixture
Place in one layer on a cookie sheet
Bake at 500F for 20 minutes until the florets crisp and carmelize
Mound on a platter and sprinkle with coarse salt

We had it with roast lamb and salad. It was really easy to make and
everyone liked it. I thought it was too oily though, and I didn't see
that the sugar added anything to the flavor.

Next time, I am thinking to try maybe 2 tbls of olive oil and leave
out the sugar. I would add a lot more chili and maybe cumin or anise
seed as well. Do you real cooks out there think it would still
carmelize without the sugar? I can live with browned.