Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
j h j h is offline

Default What do you know about this teapot?

First, an apology - I don't know how to excerpt previous posts to
include into responses which forces folk to read back in the thread.
Sorry. And I can't post a photo which would help immensely.

Now as to the odd 'teapot's' structu the infuser cannot fit inside
the 'teapot'. It is a cylinder; the bottom is indented 1/4 inch, and
fits exactly onto the rim of the 'teapot' where it rests. The lid fits
either the 'teapot' or the infuser. The bottom of the infuser is cut in
two ways: the outside is a pattern of small slits, the inside is a
pattern of holes. And the infuser has a perforated inside piece which
rests on an interior rim about 2/3 of the way up from the bottom. The
'teapot' bottom is the classic fat round shape.

The pot appears to be glazed pottery, off white with a maroon floral and
leaf design; very pretty. Back stamp: PV Made in France. I'd hoped the
pot was not all that unusual and someone would recognize it and more
importantly could tell me how it is best used. At this point I have a
sinking feeling that it is, after all, a single serve drip coffee maker
which would make it an ornamental oddity in my home!

Thanks for all the help with the puzzle.
Jan