Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_15_] Andy[_15_] is offline

Default Best bit of action you've seen in a resto

"skeeter" > wrote in news:4af96778$0$7445
:

>> Kalmia wrote:
>>> After the resto - bashing, I feel guilty. Maybe it's time to laud
>>> something unusual you have witnessed, some bit of beyond the call
>>> service.

When I was a dishwasher at the famous French restaurant in my youth, I
watched one waiter in his tuxedo walk some cleared plates into the kitchen
and grab an uneaten portion of rack of lamb in his bare hands and bite off
a huge mouthful before dumping the plates in the bin for me to clean. It
totally grossed me out. I don't remember if he washed his hands. Never saw
anything like it before or since.

Andy