Posted to rec.food.cooking
koko koko is offline

Default Sourdough Pancakes

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 18:13:52 -0600, Lou Decruss
> wrote:

>On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 15:56:28 -0800, koko > wrote:
>

>>I started a sourdough starter a week or so ago.
>>Today I made some pancakes using some of it.

>I've never done sourdough anything but they sure looked good. Good
>enough to inspire me to eat breakfast for a change. I saw your
>pictures last night and told Louise I wanted pancakes...... "don't
>make them or I'll want some and it's late." So I made them for
>breakfast. I've never been happy with scratch recipes but I used a
>recipe from Southern Living that was perfect. I didn't have
>buttermilk so I used regular and it was still great. I fried up a
>bunch of deli ham and had that between the cakes topped with a nice
>sunny side up egg.
>
>Yum! Thanks for the inspiration.
>
>Lou

Sounds like you had a great breakfast.
I can't think of anything better to top pancakes with than a nice
sunny side egg. Oooo I can picture the yolk running down the side of
the pancakes now.
Dang it Lou. I have to wait until the weekend to do it again.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw