Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
j h j h is offline

Default What do you know about this teapot?

Ah - I need to clarify my odd little teapot's structure. The infuser
unit does not fit inside the 'teapot' but sits on the rim where the lid
goes after the infuser is removed. So it appears to work like an
old-fashioned coffee drip-o-later. (Maybe it really is a coffee maker
but the bottom serving unit is a classical round teapot shape.)

Timing the brewing will be interesting since I don't know how long it
will take for the hot water to drip through. Need to take a deep breath
and try it out.

Yes, ethnic suppy houses are amazing in their selections. Here in my
upstate NY city there are many Asian and Indian stores, two within
walking distance, and more tea choices than I will ever work my way
through. Our large home-owned supermarket has a Tea Bar in their
flagship store and there are many premium loose teas for purchase as
well as tea brewed by the cup

Thanks for your response - hope the structure of the pot is more clear.
Jan