Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Best bit of action you've seen in a resto

Kalmia wrote:
> After the resto - bashing, I feel guilty. Maybe it's time to laud
> something unusual you have witnessed, some bit of beyond the call
> service.
>
> Mine: ordered an after dinner White Cloud, and about a minute after it
> was served, I noticed a chip in the glass. Summoned waiter and began
> to point it out, and with an unhesitating flourish and not a word of
> argument, he whipped that thing off the table and tossed the liquid
> into a tiny, nearby sink, dropped the offending glass into the trash,
> and rushed to the bar for a new White Cloud. He removed all doubt that
> the same drink would be unceremoniously tossed into a new glass.

My uncle lived across the street from a very nice hotel in Toronto and
often ate there. One night he took his in-laws out for dinner and they
were all drinking Manhattans and a fly landed in his SiL's drink. He
called the wait over and pointed out the fly in the drink. The waiter
came back with a cloth over his arms and a paid or silver spoons with
which he deftly removed the fly from the drink.