Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy Space Cowboy is offline

Default What do you know about this teapot?

Tha 8oz pot with the infuser is common. Everybody makes a version.
It is more of a Western design than Asian. Yours apparently comes
from France. Im going to say it is less than 10 years old because of
the wraparound slits in the infuser. I didnt see that before until
some years back. You can make any loose tea in it. Almost top off
the pot with hot water, fill the infuser with tea, lower into pot,
then cap with lid. The pots can handle the finer grades of tea for
easier infusion better than the larger leaf which might expand. You
may have to grab the handle and hold the lid for the occasional gentle
swish. I dump the infuser by tapping the infuser on a hardsurface
with a napkin.

Youll learn alot more drinking what the rest of the world consumes for
tea found in the ethnic stores. Ill say the Indian and Arabic markets
have been stable in the commercial brands. Still you wont find a
better Ceylon than an Arabic brand like Royal World or a
representative darjeeling like Liptons Green Label with the Indian
Board Seal of Approval in the lower right hand corner (the gal getting
high on DJ or MJ? leaf).
http://i36.tinypic.com/1zgb6u0.jpg
I will say there has been a big change in what you can get
commercially from Chinatown which Ive shown in a couple of posts
recently.

Jim