Posted to rec.food.cooking
koko koko is offline

Default Sourdough Pancakes

I started a sourdough starter a week or so ago.
Today I made some pancakes using some of it.

Here's my baby.
http://i34.tinypic.com/2hs3h2c.jpg

Assembled the ingredients.
http://i33.tinypic.com/67l4c0.jpg

Mixed up a beautiful bubbly batter.
http://i36.tinypic.com/rmlcug.jpg

Cooked until edges got bubbles and started to dry.
http://i34.tinypic.com/4hcq45.jpg

Flipped, well I turned it over. I'm still working on my flipping
skills.
http://i34.tinypic.com/2aj173t.jpg

Golden pillows of sourdough loveliness.
http://i33.tinypic.com/15zglr7.jpg

Inside of pancakes.
http://i38.tinypic.com/f3tg0z.jpg

Here's the recipe.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Sourdough Pancakes

1 cup room temperature sourdough starter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup warm water
1 large egg
1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Put sourdough starter into a medium sized mixing bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients to the starter and stir well
Pour 1/3 cup batter onto a hot buttered griddle; cook pancakes until
dry around edges.
Flip and cook the other side until lightly golden brown.

And that's that.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw