Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_2_] Nancy Young[_2_] is offline

Default Best bit of action you've seen in a resto

aem wrote:

> I posted this in 1999:
> "..., I remember putting up a date at the Parker House in
> Boston as a callow youth (dates you, just to use that phrase). At
> breakfast, the toast had its own covered silver dish. Just as you
> thought
> you wanted a bite of toast and realized you needed another piece the
> waiter
> materialized from nowhere, lifted the lid and served it to your bread
> plate
> with silver tongs. I recall being so impressed that I hoped such
> suavity
> would rub off on me in the eyes of my date.... "

That's some fancy service! I've never had breakfast where
the toast was served on a covered dish, never mind having it
replenished by a tong wielding server. I picture white gloves.

I have trouble picturing you ever having been callow, however.

nancy