Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
j h j h is offline

Default What do you know about this teapot?

I stumbled upon this group recently and am delighted and amazed by the
shared information and experience. Already I have begun tasting new teas
though not yet beyond what I find at the Indian and Chinese supply
houses in my neighborhood. Thank you.

I also enjoy using a variety of teapots but this one, found at a resale
store, is a stumper. It is made of glazed pottery and the backstamp says
'PV MADE IN FRANCE'. The classic teapot bottom holds just one measuring
cup. An inset fits into the top, which has a double perforated bottom,
ie small holes on the inside and gashes on the outside in a pattern. A
perforated inside cover rests about 1/3 of the way down and the regular
lid fits the top of the inset as well as the pot when the inset is
removed. It reminds me of a miniature drip coffeemaker but is a teapot
in shape and coffee grounds would clog the inset/basket.

So how would tea be made in it? Is it meant for whole leaf teas that are
brewed more than once? I'd expect that the Indian cut teas would clog
the inset. Is this pot familiar to anyone? Thanks for your input.
(Sorry, unable to post photos). Jan