Old 07-11-2009, 09:16 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
RegForte RegForte is offline

Default Man, am I an efficient cook or what

Tutall wrote:

Did 5 packer cut briskets this morning, average weight of 13lbs. This
time and the last time they came up to 190F in less than 6 hours. Just
finished foiling them and putting them in the cooler.

Temps were over 300 for a little bit, but mostly 250-275 or so, hotter
near the firebox of course, and a bit cooler away, biggest pieces went
closest to the firebox and on top. Am using raw wood, mostly almond
this time. Started the cook a about 7:45 and pulled the meat off a
little before 1PM.

Have always read about 12-14 hour cooks for brisket. Wierd.

Anyway, will have some happy amigos come Monday.

Dale

Congtrats, Dale.

Weird how the times can range so much, isn't it? I once had a
9.5 lb brisket finish in under 4 hours at 250 F. I kid you not.

--
Reg