Posted to alt.food.wine
dickr2 dickr2 is offline

Default Pinot Grigio

I've had inexpensive Pinot Grigio in the past, and never
thought too much about them until ...
A recent dinner where we made Orange Roughy Amandine
accompanied with white/wild rice, salad and biscuits.
The wine: Avantgarde Pinot Grigio 2005 Rheinhessen from
Germany. Alc. 12.5%
I don't have any eloquent tasting notes, but the wine was
superb with the fish, and I'll have to try more Pinot
Grigio in the future. The wine was gifted to me and I don't
think it was very expensive.
BTW: The bottle is beautiful, green with a partial diamond
shaped base and sides sloping up to the neck. I'm going to
keep the bottle for flowers or as a decorator item.
The unique bottle shape will be easy to spot at any wine
shop.

Dick in MN