Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nicky Nicky is offline

Default tomatoes!

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 16:24:29 -0800 (PST), Ricavito
> wrote:

>On Nov 1, 1:39 pm, "W. Baker" > wrote:
>

>> I have ripened greentomatoes in a box lyered with newspaper, but you have
>> to keep cheking as they may start to rot and ruin the rest.
>>
>> Wendy

>Yes, that happened to me last year. I did what I usually do, which is
>just leave them in few layers of brown paper bags. I didn't
>individually wrap them though and must have had a bad one in with the
>rest and it spoiled the whole batch. I think I'll try the individual
>wrapping and maybe that will prevent cross contamination.

I have a mountain of green tomatoes on my kitchen windowsill - about
half of them are showing signs of ripening. I don't have room to store
them flat and wrapped anywhere, so I'm hoping they sort themselves out
on their own - and that the position lets me spot any that are
spoiling! Quentin said something about them needing heat to ripen?

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 150ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.2% BMI 26