Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Never to be drunk w/food

cwdjrxyz wrote on Sun, 1 Nov 2009 08:02:26 -0800 (PST):

> On Nov 1, 8:13 am, santiago > wrote:
>> Mike Tommasi > wrote
>> :
>>
> >> I never tried it. However, it seems no worse than the idea
> >> of sweet wine with foie gras. I suppose if acidity is high
> >> enough, it may pass, but the idea of fat+sugar or
> >> seafood+sugar is indeed strange.

>> Wasn't it here that I read about d'Yquem and lobster?

> quoting<

I do remember reading in a book or magazine many years ago that one
ofthe old counts Lur Saluces, who owned Yquem, did like it with
lobster.In the old days, lobster often was served with a very rich
and elaborate sauce as well as rather plain, and I have no idea of
whatkind of lobster dish he had in mind.
>endquote<

Tastes do change but I believe that the Count Lur Saluces as a gourmet
was a good winemaker (or rather his vintner was). Just like Francis
Coppola as a winemaker, makes successful movies.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland