Posted to alt.food.wine
cwdjrxyz cwdjrxyz is offline

Default Never to be drunk w/food

On Nov 1, 8:13*am, santiago > wrote:
> Mike Tommasi > wrote :
>

> > I never tried it. However, it seems no worse than the idea of sweet
> > wine with foie gras. I suppose if acidity is high enough, it may pass,
> > but the idea of fat+sugar or seafood+sugar is indeed strange.

> Wasn't it here that I read about d'Yquem and lobster?

I do remember reading in a book or magazine many years ago that one of
the old counts Lur Saluces, who owned Yquem, did like it with lobster.
In the old days, lobster often was served with a very rich and
elaborate sauce as well as rather plain, and I have no idea of what
kind of lobster dish he had in mind.