Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick[_3_] Brick[_3_] is offline

Default Sweet Potato Fries

On 1-Nov-2009, "Nunya Bidnits" >
wrote:

> Nonny said:
> > "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in
> > message ...

.. . .

> That's the difference because I seldom reheat foods on plates. Most of my
> plates are some kind of stoneware and they don't perform well in the
> microwave, getting way too hot and drawing off a lot of the energy
> intended
> for heating food. So if I'm using a nuke I'll reheat foods in individual
> containers, usually the same ones they were stored in, and then plate
> them
> up.
>
> I probably take more time using the nuke than most people anyway, because
> seldom use full power, and stop and start some foods to check them during
> the process, sometimes even with rests between bursts. I find the food
> heats
> more evenly that way with fewer of the hot spots that destroy flavor and
> texture.
>
> MartyB

I have a love/hate relationship with my microwave. I cannot reheat in
Gladware/Tupperware because they melt while I am not watching.
I use glass, corelle and corning ware with and without covers depending
on the situation. I also use low power and start/stop techniques. Oddly
enough, the micowave makes great meatloaf if you use a glass bunt pan.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)