Old 31-10-2009, 09:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Persian Rice.

Miche wrote on Sun, 01 Nov 2009 09:53:41 +1300:

Hello All!

I sometimes buy carry-out kebabs from a Halal Persian place
and it occurs to me that the rice served with it has grains
much longer than the usual long-grain rice. Can anyone tell
me the name of this *very* long-grain rice? A web search has
not been too enlightening so far.

Basmati rice, probably.

Miche

Thanks! Thanks to aem too! I think you are right and there is a
difference between the original Bismati rice and the Texmati that I have
been using. Texmati tastes quite good but it does not seem to expand as
much as the original. I suppose that's logical enough since Texmati is a
hybrid.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland