Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default A contrast programme

In article >,
(Victor Sack) wrote:
(snip)
> rest consumed au naturel. The main course was a variation on the pommes
> sarladaise theme, namely potatoes fried in goose fat with onions, cèps
> (porcini) mushrooms, garlic and parsley.
>
> goose fat, as needed

(snip)
> Victor

Bubba Vic, I know you have a fondness for goose fat. Is it your
preference for fat when butter or olive oil are not specified? Why? Is
it something you can purchase or is something you reserve when roasting
a goose? I've never roasted (nor tasted, I think) a goose but
understand them to be fatty and a good source of goose fat. :-)
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - Who Said Chickens Have Fingers?